Monday, September 11, 2017

A Ray of Light...Charlotte

When in the midst of a storm, how welcome is a ray of sunshine that brightens and warms all it illuminates.

Charlotte Ruth joined our family just over a week ago when we were up in Denver for Emmett's weekly clinic appointment.  Katy wasn't due until the 9th, but Charlotte had other plans.  The story of the birth I may add to this post at a later date, but what I want to express today is how wonderful it's been to experience the joys that a new baby brings into a family during an otherwise troubling time.

Emmett is head over heels for his new baby sister!  He loves to hold, kiss, and cuddle her all day long, and he even changes her diaper.  Tonight he asked if she could sit next to him during dinner and he gently rocked her in her bouncer all during the meal.  It's heartwarming to see the love he has for his little sister.

Clayton loves his sister too.  He calls her "CH"arlit.  And he always remember where she is.  When we hear funny baby noises coming from the other room, he reminds us, "that's just CH-arlit".

We've absolutely loved having this beautiful ray of light that has lifted and blessed our entire family over the past week.  In the midst of our storm, it's been a wonderful blessing to have this gift from heaven help us feel the love that surrounds us.





7 comments:

Jim and Lisa said...

How wonderful. You guys are such wonderful parents and such a family full of love. You take things in such great stride and with such care and thought. Thank you for your wonderful examples to me. You each are amazing! We love you guys!

heath said...

I'm so happy for you guys! She is beautiful! There's nothing like a baby sister to bring out the gentleness in little boys.

ellen said...

That's so wonderful.

Renee Swenson said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us updated. I know there is a lot to do with a new baby and we appreciate so much knowing what is going on! I love and pray for you always.

Tara said...

Oh!!!! Congratulations!!!! She is so perfectly beautiful!!! What a beautiful family. I think the world of you two and your kids. I hope there are many, many, many more rays of sunshine!

Mandeville Family said...

What a beautiful reminder of looking for the joy through hardships. Congratulations Lilrose family!

Anna said...

Nice post.