Monday, March 12, 2012
Sweet Thing
Last Monday, Emmett went to the OR under full anaesthetic to have a central line placed, plus some other procedures done. When the nurse came to find us in the waiting room afterwards, she asked "What does this mean?" and tapped her pointer finger to her nose. We told her that means his lion...and of course, when we got to his recovery room, he was still doing his sign for Lion. Micah held him for a minute, then I held him, but he still was insistently asking for Lion, despite us being there with him now. So my sister, Betsy, ran back to the room & got his Lion & brought it down. Emmett reached for him & then finally calmed down the rest of the way & closed his eyes for a nap. He sure loves his Lion ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's amazing what little things bring them comfort. Mom is chopped liver compared to Porter's blanket.
I was sent to your blog by a mutual friend. My son also has ATRT, and my heart just breaks for you and your family. We'll be on the sidelines cheering for you all the way!
I sent you an email, and if you'd ever like to chat, or ask questions about our protocol, I'd love to chat with you.
Your little guy is so sweet. I'm glad he has his little lion to comfort him through out the next few months.
Lots of love!
Connie
Post a Comment